Princeton, TX water damage caused by a roof tarp
Roof damage can be caused by heavy rains, winds, or falling debris. To quickly solve this issue and reduce the possibility of additional damage, many people choose to use a roof tarp. Roof tarps allow you to have a quick solution and a gap of time until better weather conditions allow for safe inspection and repair.
It seems like a good (sometimes cheap) idea to quickly cover the holes in the roof, stop a water leak, and sleep comfortable at night knowing that no rodents or other animals will enter your home or business through those holes.
Although a roof tarp has many benefits, we do not recommend it as a permanent solution to your problem, because:
- Some brands will wear out over time.
- It is a quick fix for a leaking roof, but it is only temporary. It can cause more trouble as time passes.
- If the roof has water damage that leaked into your home, mold could be growing in the affected areas.
- Wind can move the tarp, leaving spaces uncovered where water can start leaking again.
- The wind will cause it to flap, creating annoying noises in your home or business.
- The tarp may increase the heat inside your home or business, which could lead to a higher electrical bill.
- If not installed properly, it could hold small pools of standing water, perfect for mosquito proliferation.
- Heat and moisture may become trapped under the tarp, causing mold and other damage to shingles
You, as a home owner, have the right to protect your property and mitigate. As long you have proper coverage from your insurance company, you can avoid further water damage, mold issues and higher bills.
We received a phone call from a home owner in Princeton, TX. They had a water damage due to a roof tarp. We worked quickly and efficiently with the homeowners and the roofing company to take care of all their water mitigation needs.
If you have an unexpected water damage call SERVPRO of Metrocrest (972) 233-8400. We are always here to help!
Follow us on Twitter @SERVPRO9498
And Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROofmetrocrest/
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. The SERVPRO training program includes the follow:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes