Prevention for mold after a storm
Mold can happen any time. The following are tips to prevent mold after a heavy rain:
- Work fast. Call in SERVPRO of Metrocrest which will help in the cleaning and disinfecting of your home from toxins and spores mold can release.
- Disconnect all electronic equipment inside the home or building if there is standing water
- Lower the humidity and temperature in the home or building: molds do not like these conditions. Open windows if the air outside is less humid than the air inside. Otherwise, turn on an air conditioner. If needed SERVPRO of Metrocrest will set up dehumidifiers to help.
- Dispose of moldy items in a sealed bag
- Make sure there is good ventilation within the building or home affected. SERVPRO of Metrocrest will use our fans if necessary, to promote good air circulation.
- SERVPRO of Metrocrest will extract any standing water as quickly as possible.
If a storm hits in your area, call SERVPRO of Metrocrest for all your water mitigation and mold remediation needs.
call SERVPRO of Metrocrest (972) 233-8400.
Follow us on Twitter @SERVPRO9498
And Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROofmetrocrest/
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
Our SERVPRO Professionals are highly trained in property restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's Corporate Training Facility to regular IICRC industry certifications, our Professionals are equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. The SERVPRO training program includes the follow:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes