Spring is Storm Season in Texas - SERVPRO of Metrocrest is Ready
Spring is Storm Season in the North TEXAS Area
In the past few months the North Texas Metrocrest area has been hit with severe weather and storms. The following are the most common storms we see in our area. If you have damage to your home or business from these devastating storms, call SERVPRO of Metrocrest at (972) 233-8400 and we will make it “Like it never even happened.”
- Many residents living in the North Texas area have already experienced a severe hailstorm and witnessed the damage hail can cause to homes, automobiles, businesses and other property. When a hailstorm hits, it does the greatest amount of damage to the exterior of your home or property. Common types of damage caused by hail are: roof damage, siding damage, shingle damage, window damage and automobile damage.
- Thunderstorms can produce many types of damaging weather such as lightning, hail, tornadoes, straight-line winds, flooding and more. The biggest contributors to damaged property are likely hail and wind, which can cause many types of exterior property damage
- For many areas around the U.S., damage from severe tornadoes presents a very real threat. Most tornado damage is done by high winds, with recorded speeds exceeding 300 MPH and the flying debris propelled by these fierce winds. The most damage from tornadoes happens in "tornado alley" - a part of the U.S. that includes Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Missouri, etc.
- You may be surprised to learn that lightning is a major cause of storm damage in many areas around the country. The National Lightning Safety Institute estimates the cost of lightning damage in the $5 to $6 billion dollar per year range. Lightning that hits trees and the ground is a common cause of wildfires, structure fires, property damage and power outages.
- Floods are typically the result of heavy rain and water that rises faster than storm drains can handle. Flash floods driven by quick, violent bursts of rain can flood homes, basements and businesses, causing serious damage to both interiors and exteriors. Flooding is a very dangerous storm phenomenon that results in numerous deaths and extensive property damage each year.
For more information on the services that SERVPRO of Metrocrest provides regarding storm damage cleanup for your commercial or residential structure, please visit or call:
or call us today at (972) 233-8400